Cat and I have always loved good packaging. Coordinating the perfect gift wrap with matching ribbon or the perfect gift bag with matching tissue paper get’s me excited! Because of this, it’s no surprise RG got inspired for today’s Thrifty Thursday when we stumbled across this pin on Pinterest.
I already had all the materials needed for this week’s project, but in case you don’t let me break it down for you. Target has an aisle (usually near the office supplies) with kids crafts. In that section you’ll actually find the exact watercolor paint set I used to make these gift tags. It comes with the paints, a paint brush and a packet of nice, watercolor paper. I wouldn’t use just any paper for this. If you don’t buy this set at Target, I would buy some nice cardstock in the scrapbook section at any craft store. That’s all you’ll need! I did add a little bit of glitter to one of mine, but as always make them your own!
- Cut the paper into small gift tag sizes.
- Dip paint brush in a bowl of water then into the color of your choosing. Swirl your brush in circles on the paper to get a cool effect. For the ombre effect I chose three different shades of the specific color.
- Using a permanent marker, write whatever holiday sayings or quotes you like best.
- Hole punch the tags on one end and pull ribbon through the hole. Attach to the present.
- Make everyone feel extra special with a personal touch on their gift!