These Resource Girls recently spent a few days together blogging, photo shooting, running around town, brainstorming, and of course working on projects. Whenever we're together it seems like we have more ideas than we know what to do with and so we found ourselves wanting to try this clean eating challenge.
We've both done pretty well when it comes to our diet, however, there's always room for improvement. Cat needed to show her sweet tooth who's boss and LC wanted to curb her snacking. And so we set out on two weeks of clean eating - no processed foods, no alcohol (oops we slipped up a time or two), coffee only in the morning (with no cream or sugar added) and more water and sleep. We can say without hesitation this was just what the doctor ordered. We're a couple pounds lighter, feeling better, and have renewed our clean eating will power going into the holidays.
When trying to change some bad habits it can be hard to know where to start. We've discovered some pretty good tricks of the trade and are excited to share some bomb meal ideas with you!
We've found it also helps to keep busy! Read a book at lunch so you're not thinking about dessert, do activities that you enjoy, get outside, call a friend whatever it is you love.
We also get inspiration by following some pretty bomb chicks on Instagram who have this health thing down check out their feeds - NomYourself, RealFoodology, TheBodyBook, ShuttheKaleUp.
The most important part is to give yourself a break. We're usually our own worst critic.
Channel some positive vibes and your inner boss lady is sure to appear!
One workout at time. One day at a time. One meal at a time.
- Eggs! They are full of protein and will keep you full through the morning.. Scramble with a veggie burger some spinach an avocado, try over easy, hard boiled or even soft boiled over wheat toast. The possibilities are endless!
- Overnight Oats - perfect for work, when you're in a hurry or need something healthy to-go. Here are seven different ways to make them.
- Vegan waffles, recipe here.
- We like making something we can take for lunch multiple days - smarter not harder!
- Veggie soup in the crock pot, veggie burgers on a salad, or leftovers from a healthy dinner are all perfect.
- Mason Jar Salads
- We also like reading or getting outside on our lunch breaks. Sometimes the healthiest lunch you can have is the one that gives your mind a break!
- Asian salmon pictured above. This is a no brainer, super healthy and easy. Pair with cauliflower fried rice.
- In a hurry or don't feel like cooking? Sauté a bunch of veggies with a little garlic and throw on a salad with some olive oil and vinegar. Think Brussels sprouts, peppers, red onion, peas, cauliflower, broccoli, whatever you have on hand!
- Have you heard of the Gardein brand? It's a bomb meat alternative.
- Honey Garlic Chicken in the crock pot and you can use agave nectar instead of honey to cut down on the sugar.
"When you truly understand that your food choices are powerful and life affirming , you can exercise control and restraint without deprivation."
No matter how clean your diet is, it's still important to get your booty to the gym.
When it comes to fitness we are firm believers that you have to find something you enjoy or else you'll never stick with it. We do all kinds of exercise - running outside in warmer weather, Jillian Michael's home videos, weights at the gym, hip hop fitness, spinning, Orange Theory, yoga, Pearl St. Fitness. It just depends on the day or our mood.
Listen to what your body needs and go from there, however, get movin'!
Start today! Don't overthink it. Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is a month away. Try to squeeze in two weeks of clean eating and a little added exercise before holiday parties are in full swing and Christmas cookies start rolling into the office. We promise you won't regret it.
Click here to get started!