"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
It's no secret these Resource Girls love a good DIY.
This year we decided to get a little extra festive and make our own personalized Christmas ornaments!
We've exchanged ornaments as gifts through the years. We love getting them out year after year and reminiscing on that time in our lives. These ornaments are no exception. Hopefully one day when we're old and grey we will look back on our younger years with warm hearts and a good laugh.
Even the most inexperienced crafter can attempt these ornaments and Christmas is still two weeks away so you have plenty of time.
So what are you waiting for? Time to get started!
- Clear glass bulb with a removable top
- I got mine at Hobby Lobby
- Little beads, tinsel, feathers - whatever you want to fill your ornament with
- Could go with our without stickers but we found gold sparkly ones we were obsessed with
- Ribbon to hang ornament with
- I used ribbon from the scrapbook section of the store because I could buy a smaller amount (you don't need much) and I loved the designs
- Instagram size photo
- You can use any app (Pic Stitch for example) to fit four photos in one square size larger photo. This was the perfect size to make four smaller photos to cut out and fit in your bulb.
Use a tiny funnel from a flask to make it easier to get the beads inside the bulb.
Get creative! We added rocks to commemorate a hike or you could add sand to remind you of a beach trip.
The possibilities are endless when it comes to these ornaments. The only real trick is making sure the items you're using fit inside the bulb.
If you get something inside you want out, needle nose pliers work. They also help adjusting the photo inside if you decide to use one.
Also, make sure items inside the bulb aren't too heavy or else the bulb will fall off the tree, leaving the top hanging all by itself with a pile of glass on the floor.
Don't worry this never happened to us.