Rachel Brathen, most commonly known from her Instagram account - @yoga_girl, shares a lot more than handstands and downward-facing dogs in Yoga Girl. Opening up about her troubled youth, loss she's experienced, and how she's now built a beautiful home in Aruba with the love of her life Yoga Girl will keep you captured and inspired. Rachel not only shares about her life but there are some pretty awesome recipes and great yoga too. The thing we love most about this book is Rachel's positivity, fearlessness, and self-love.
Whether you're a seasoned yogi or have never done yoga a day in your lifeYoga Girl is a must read!
"To love what is ahead, you must love what has come before." - Yoga Girl
"A good body is every body." - Yoga Girl
1. Rachel talks about daily affirmations. Do you believe in the power of affirmations to change your mind and life? Why or why not?
2. How did the book change your perception of yoga?
3. Have you ever laid in Savasana? If so, how hard was it for you to be still? Where did your mind wonder?
4. Do you agree with the statement, "We are all in charge of our own happiness." Why or why not?
5. Rachel says that coming to terms with your past is the only way to a peaceful life. What things from your past do you need to accept?