On the outside, Ani FaNelli appears to have it all; a great job, a successful fiancé, gorgeous looks and a glamorous wardrobe. Looks can be deceiving though and Ani has most definitely been through more than her outward appearance lets on. In high school she went through a pretty shocking and very public humiliation that left her wanting to reinvent herself. Ani is successful in creating a life that’s far removed from her teenage years, but she cannot escape a deep secret she continues to carry. As the book unfolds you soon realize Ani’s secret and story is not only haunting her, but it threatens the life she has built for herself. Will letting her secret out make it all crumble or set her free? Luckiest Girl Alive encompasses that all true saying, "Don’t judge a book by it’s cover" and challenges every girl's desire t to have it all! It won't disappoint and has some twists and turns you won't see coming.
This is the perfect read for lazy days at the pool or on a summer vacation!
Discussion Questions ||
1. Did you like Ani when you first started reading the book? What were your thoughts about her after finishing the book? Were there any other characters you liked or disliked?
2. Why do you think Ani agreed to participate in the documentary?
3. Did you pick up on any parallels between Ani's many name changes throughout the book and her current circumstances?
4. Did you like how the book was written, alternating between Ani's freshman year of high school and her current life?
5. Do you think Ani really would have pulled the trigger had Arthur given her his gun? If so, who do you think she would have shot first?