How ready are you for summer? We are basically over the moon about longer days, sun burns and the weather being just a little too hot. Now ask us in a couple months how we feel about the humidity and our cars being a sauna but for now nothing about summer sounds terrible.
With summer brings travel, even just a quick getaway to the lake or the mountains has us all excited. However, if you're like us you've probably been known to overpack a time or two. We have some quick tips for making a fashion statement without bringing a huge suitcase. And lets be honest since on some airlines you even have to pay for a carry-on now we've definitely mastered the art of not overpacking. We're calling this A Weekend In A Backpack because we believe you can fit an entire weekend's worth of a whole lot of fashionista in one small bag.
- Pick a color scheme and stick with it. It's no surprise I picked black. By doing this all your shoes and jewelry can be mix and matched with everything. Also a no-brainer when getting ready, there's nothing to decide!
- Throw in a small bag you can take to dinner or out on the town. Since my outfit is all black I love adding a pop of color with this cute fringe purse. This is one of my go-to small bags, LC got it for me from American Eagle years ago and it's stood the test of the time. Think large enough for phone, ID, debit card and lip gloss. #priorities
- Wedges, wedges, wedges. They're cute enough for happy hour and dinner but comfortable enough for sight seeing or airport travel.
- Statement jewelry is a must. Since I went with a black color scheme I decided to make a statement with jewelry. Jewelry is also small and easy to pack so you save on room in this department. This ring is one of my fav's and will go with any of my outfits.
- Bring a long sleeve shirt to double as a jacket if the temperatures get colder or if it's in between seasons and you're unsure of what the weather will be like. The bowtie detail on this shirt makes it just a little bit fancy and again it fits my color scheme. Chambrays are also great for this or a flannel for something more casual. You could also leave the shirt buttoned and your romper just transformed into a pair of black shorts.
- Don't forget a plain tee for a more casual vibe during the day. Also you'll definitely need a pair of sandals, flip flops or Converse, anything that you can slip on and off. Lets be honest if you're doing a ton of walking even wedges will get uncomfortable after awhile.
- These red shorts are one of my favs. They magically go with everything and this scenario is no different. I paired them with my bowtie shirt here. You could easily wear them with a plain v-neck tee (the only clothing item not pictured), or with a long sleeve shirt like I did.
- Leave your hair products at home! These Resource Girls are not shy about the fact that we go several days without washing our hair. Not comfortable with dirty hair? Bring a hat. This Fabletics hat has been on repeat for me all spring. Bring dry shampoo and call it a day, we like yesterday's curls betters anyway!
- For traveling think something comfortable like these boyfriend jeans and light sweatshirt. Lets be honest when is it not cold on a plane? Again, this entire outfit fits my color scheme. I could wear my plain tee with these jeans or where this shirt with red shorts. To say we've got options is an understatement.
- It may go without saying but don't forget your vacation state of mind. Leave your worries at home, turn off notifications on your phone or maybe even think about trying the do not disturb feature. Don't let little things stress you out - an hour delay on your fight, a crying baby on the plane, the headphones you forgot or a missed dinner reservation. Small mishaps are bound to happen so don't let them ruin your day or trip. We promise your work and bills and responsibilities will be right where you left them as soon as you get home. Smile a little bigger, laugh a little louder and if needed have an extra glass of wine!
We are super excited about some exciting trips we have planned, the next one being LC's bachelorette party. The #CorzettThreat will be taking over Chi Town in just two short weeks! We can't wait to share more of our adventures with you soon and don't worry we will definitely be having a bachelorette recap here on RG. We would also love to hear what you all have planned and any packing tips you have for us! Hope your Monday is great. XOXO